akats

What’s Expected:

Time of release: 01/06/2012 13:30 GMT, 8:30 EST

Primary Pair Impact: EURUSD

Expected: 150K

Previous: 120K

DailyFX Forecast: 120K to 180K

Why Is This Event Important:

U.S. Non-Farm Payrolls are projected to increase another 150K in December, and the ongoing improvement in the labor market could spark a bullish reaction in the reserve currency as the development limits the scope of seeing another large-scale asset purchase plan. As Fed officials see economic activity gradually gathering pace in 2012, the more robust recovery may lead the FOMC to further soften its dovish tone for monetary policy, and the central bank may curb speculation for additional monetary support as the risk of a double-dip recession subsides. However, as the outlook for the world economy remains clouded with high uncertainty, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke may keep the door open to expand policy further, and we may see growing rift within the committee as the ongoing turmoil in the global financial system poses an increased threat for the U.S. economy.

• 1 year later...

I guess nfp is a good news release to follow. Now, a lot of other political news also affect bullish or bearish trends. Lately, the Syria crisis also caused a lot of trading trends so daily news, economic, financial and political news all affect trading trends and not just nfp but the nfp has good influence as well. I guess I would keep up with all news but all pairs have potential for trades and not just euro/usd.