Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

using the right leverage, trading activity was running smoothly since helped their leverage. for that good preparation and accurate, will maximize the trade and more good in going through the process

But we have to sonsider it seriously when we sellecting the leverage for our trading account. You may sellect the bigger leverage because of it's advantages, but you need to consider the risks too...

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, use lower leverage wouldn't enough for newbie and if you use lower leverage it means you must spend more into your account and newbie doesn't have that much money. So lower leverage isn't good for newbie, it is for experts alike. But it doesn't mean higher leverage is for newbie too because it would grind an inexperienced newbie into ash.

If you only know when to trade and how to trade, if not it would be an overleveraging and it wouldn't be so good news for you. I also think that lower leverage bad for newcomers but that is actually reflect the real trading than using higher leverage, even so newcomers is limited in terms of knowledge, skill and capital that is why they need high leverage.

Yeah, surely we should know disadvantage of high leverage and we also must know how to use it to help us. Surely when we only have small amount in our trading account, high leverage will make us be able to trade in forex. But we keep on our money management and risk management

Again i said that overleveraging is when you use too high leverage, I don't against use high leverage since that is the nature of forex to be risky, but 1:500 or even just 1:400 is the highest, more than is big NO. I also see that lower leverage would help traders to be careful or to be exact more careful when start to trade. They must make sure that each of their position to be optimized for profit and thus don't want to take unecessary loss.

It's a balancing act, like most things. As you're starting out, you probably won't have a lot of funds invested in your account, and if your leverage is closer to reality, less than 1:100, you won't be able to do a lot of things with your money. A higher leverage would entail more risk, but it'll open up more trading opportunities. Perhaps 1:200 is pretty standard. It's always good to test it on a demo account first, to get the feel of it. If after testing the trader is comfortable on that level, they can work from there in our opinion :)

It's a balancing act, like most things. As you're starting out, you probably won't have a lot of funds invested in your account, and if your leverage is closer to reality, less than 1:100, you won't be able to do a lot of things with your money. A higher leverage would entail more risk, but it'll open up more trading opportunities. Perhaps 1:200 is pretty standard. It's always good to test it on a demo account first, to get the feel of it. If after testing the trader is comfortable on that level, they can work from there in our opinion :)

For the most low-budgeted traders like me, I always choose 1:500 leverage on $10 capital on my own account. It's still reasonable to manage it since I only able to trade with 0.01 lot

In fact, low leverage never be benefical for traders who has small amount of money. Unless you have enermous capital in your account you don't have to worry so much about being use lower leverage. Some people say 1:100 is standard so low leverage which i means here is below 1:100 like 1:75 or 1:50 or even 1:1.

• 1 month later...

trading with low leverage has the advantage that a small, but this is good for traders who have a psychology that bad that would make we can trade well. if we have a good psychology and trading with small capital then it would be better if we could be trading using high leverage

Yes it is the lower leverage that is good for the newbie in the forex trading market high leverage can lead to failure and disapointment so traders really need to try and learn to ensure that they have gotten the right success they needed

From what i see lower leverage is actually not healthy for trader, it will not give them any opportunity to earn money only make them lose more of their money, also you should need higher leverage because without high leverage you must put bigger amount of money in your account and most of newbie cannot do that.

@hansonudo2, what do you mean by that ? Low leverage is the best how can you say low leverage is not good when a trader leverage too high he or she need to consider .

1. His skills

2. Level of knowledge

just to be able to make return

Low leverage is never good because in this business even newbie know that it is wrong to leon much leverage from your broker at this point which is bad moderate something is ok

Never good? Because we trade with high leverage such as 1:200 we are able to trade we able to afford that high cost of trading, imagine without leverage you must spend $1000 for 1 micro lot. $10000 for 1 mini lot and so on. Can you really afford something like that? Of course NOPE. Unless you are one of those big players maybe but for small retail traders fx is an expensive business.

Never good? Because we trade with high leverage such as 1:200 we are able to trade we able to afford that high cost of trading, imagine without leverage you must spend $1000 for 1 micro lot. $10000 for 1 mini lot and so on. Can you really afford something like that? Of course NOPE. Unless you are one of those big players maybe but for small retail traders fx is an expensive business.

Nope, as a retail trader I won't do such a risky thing for my trading account. In fact, we need to manage our own funds on our trading account, and that should be more than enough to prevent huge losses.

Retail trader usually only having small capital in account, I think although use high leverage but if still can easily to control decision and trade based on risk management, hence still secure using high leverage, but if trader can't control decision and always appear desired to making huge profit with high leverage it not good use high leverage

@RADEX78:  this is why we should be careful. Also thanks to higher leverage people can trade even with smallest amount of money. By the way no heart feeling here, lower leverage is good for someone who has big capital say millions of dollars, but in fact people around the world even those big players still prefer 1:100 as the standard leverage.

@RADEX78:  this is why we should be careful. Also thanks to higher leverage people can trade even with smallest amount of money. By the way no heart feeling here, lower leverage is good for someone who has big capital say millions of dollars, but in fact people around the world even those big players still prefer 1:100 as the standard leverage.

Just make sure that we can make our funds and the leveraged balanced so we can manage the risks really well. Remember, using high trading volume is very risky and most traders were unable to cope with the risks itself.

Low leverage might can prevent from greediness in trading and this is good for them, but likely many newbie still prefer use high leverage because they tempted with promising use high leverage can making huge profit, and will harmful account actually use high leverage with greediness.

Trading using low leverage does have a small risk. leverage like a double-edged sword, on one hand is very profitable, but on the other hand is very detrimental. therefore, if we do not have good self-control so it is better to trade using a low leverage