Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Maybe that is because people get it from many posts in the internet. It said about high leverage = bad thing for trader. But to be honest there are higher tendency for trader to trade more and more when they have bigger leverage because they only use small portion of their money for trading.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leverage election I think it would be better if adapted to the capabilities and our trading capital. For beginners with small capital I think it would be better if trading using high leverage because the margin required is very small, so we would be comfortable for trading and therefore the resilience of our account will be maintained

Yes that is pretty nice statement, at the previous posts i said that lower leverage is good but depend on your capital, which means of course your capabilities, i am sure that newbies don't want to put big amount of money and ready to lose those all isn't it? So with this, lower leverage is good for big traders and not for newbies.

They can try it in demo account first. But for me its really not good to use high leverage. Using high leverage is good for scalping strategy and other type of strategy that going to make you earn good amount of money in a short time. But the same strategy can also make you loss money in just matter of few hours also. So in short you really need to step up if you really want to make money and not realy on leverage only. 

Leverage is like sharp blade. it can be used for make good profits. In the correct hand you can get a good use of it. But in the wrong hand it can destroy you. So as for the new traders i also thing trading with lower leverage is better. It reduces the risk in trading thereby safe your trading account.

As long as you can make a better trading i think using higher leverage isn't a big deal for you. To the certain point i want to say that newbie is better at using higher leverage than normal, with small bucks they have in account they won't e survive longer with lower leverage like 1:50 for example.

Leverage is the term to increase the margin level, if we have high margin level, then we are very free to use any lot size which may easily ends in stop outs. newbies should use the leverage that is reasonable to suit with the money management plan, by this they are controlled by leverage itself and there is no need to worry about stop outs. 

Not so high but not low too, just in reasonable amount like 1:100 up to 1:500. I prefer 1:500 at first to be honest but my broker only allow up to 1:400 so i choose it and sooner if i have around $1000 i will put it down to 1:100 as to reduce more risk of me attemp to choose higher lot size.

It does matter as your leverage will going to be your profit tool or your losing tool. In forex trading we must understand the relationship between all components in forex trading. Like the connection of leverage to to the lot size and the lot size to the type of account you have and so on. In forex trading high leverage means you can maximize the capital you have by risking more. 

It still having matter, you trade by using leverage that has been set by your broker, if you use higher leverage than you can handle you might ended up overleveraging your account and this could lead to a bias when you take a decision when opening a position. Normal or average leverage is good for new traders.

• 3 weeks later...

You can set anything you  want, but if one is not capable enough then he will always find way to fail, so that’s why we need to be good enough, it’s that simple instead of high or low leverage issues. I believe the road to this is through education and that’s what I get from Nova FX where I am able to learn things easily and that generally allows me to keep hold on the way I work without worrying whether I use high or low leverage.

Leverage is a good factor to the traders can make more profit. But leverage is also a double-edged sword for anyone to use it. if you do not use the leverage effect will cause a large debt and you can not pay it. it will affect your mentality and you do not know how to overcome it. The best we should use the leverage in line with their abilities. Now i am using 1:500 leverage in TICKMILL

• 2 weeks later...

First of all i come to think it again, how come low leverage good for newbie? I mean 1:25 with $10 and want to afford 0.01 lot? You simply cannot do that, well technically you can but a single loss will bring your account to your knees. This is why low capital means for high leverage, since leverage will increase the value of our capital.

Lower Leverage is good to a trader who has big capital and able to control the risk so well. It is not easy to get low leverage in many margin based broker. As for newbie who just start to trade, this lower leverage will hinder them a lot, especially if one newbie want to open higher lot size.

• 1 month later...

trading using high leverage I think it is more profitable than trading with low leverage. the most important thing we can use it well. So that the maximum result we can get. for that I prefer trading with leverage 1: 1000 of instaforex

If you only know when to trade and how to trade, if not it would be an overleveraging and it wouldn't be so good news for you. I also think that lower leverage bad for newcomers but that is actually reflect the real trading than using higher leverage, even so newcomers is limited in terms of knowledge, skill and capital that is why they need high leverage.

How much is low leverage? 1:200 is low or high?

1:200 considered to be normal, the range between 1:100 - 1:400 normal leverage according to me, more than that or less than that already so much. I personally will for for higher leverage, I don't know if there is a rich newbie that want to gain his own freedom through forex but i assume all newbies or at least most of them has low capital usually around 3 digits or lower than that.

trading with low leverage, the risk will be lower but trading with low leverage we need a large capital because it takes a very large margin. if I prefer to trading using high leverage because it has a high profit. important we consistently against MM and RM good

the best and the low leverage point in forex for the new user is 1.500 to 1.1000 so try these if you are a new user that is best for you in forex to use it we can get profit by using different leverage .but select it if you have proper knowledge about the forex. 

can you give me what site is the best for forex?

• 2 months later...