Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many times do you trade a week?

Forex Market Hours: How many times do you trade a week?

FOREX MARKET HOURS

number.jpg

This is a question that is largely asked.

Ezekiel. How many times do you trade a week? or How many times should i trade a week?

Whats your answer?

(Forex Market Hours)

My answer to them is pretty much the same -

0 to 10 times a week.

There is no definite figure and there never will be.

As mentioned before, we enter trades when a setup occur with price action confirmation.

Therefore, if there is NO setups = There is NO entry.

It can absolutely happen when there is NO setup for the entire week.

Which accounts for the 0 times a week. (But it rarely happens)

And there may be weeks when there are alot of setups (may be even more than 10)

But on average. Its between 0 to 10 times a week.

Forex Market Hours

Some of you guys may think.

That’s very little.

Yes its very little.

Would you rather have more trades with more losses OR

Would you rather have less trades with more wins?

Think about it.

The reason why we take so little trades is because we filter away alot of the low probability winning trades.

‘Most traders find reasons to enter, professional traders find reasons NOT to enter’ – Ezekiel Chew

Therefore, every trade we take. Must have a high probability of winning.

Which will eventually lead to a good growth in your account.

Forex Market Hours

Therefore, if you are trading way over than 10 trades a week.

Look at the success rates you are getting.

If you are getting a high success rate on all the trades. That’s good.

But if you are not getting a high success rate. You need to think twice about your forex trading strategy.

Are you trading the right way?

Will your trading style lead you to a consistent growth at the end of the day?

Remember – Forex trading is NOT all about taking trades.

It requires you to think about and to have a proper forex trading system, a plan.

This is a business. This is not gambling.

If you are taking trades based on gut feel. – You are a gambler.

I would recommend you to stop trading altogether. Either stop forex trading, or spend some time to learn how to trade forex the right way.

Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Forex Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Trading Strategies | system that i personally use to be consistently profitable. (Forex Market Hours)

See you on the other side my friend,

Asia Forex Mentor

Ezekiel Chew

Asia #1 Forex Mentor

www.asiaforexmentor.com

post-4093-0-12052300-1317592387_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

if you will ask me l prefer scalping so it is sometimes up to hundreds of trades in a week :)but most of them l call junks couse of no profit at all.l think a trader can trade as much as he wants as long as he has total control on it.but overtrading in daily basis is not adviced.the best way just trade when you got clear signals it doent matter how many times it is.

• 2 weeks later...

if you will ask me l prefer scalping so it is sometimes up to hundreds of trades in a week :)but most of them l call junks couse of no profit at all.l think a trader can trade as much as he wants as long as he has total control on it.but overtrading in daily basis is not adviced.the best way just trade when you got clear signals it doent matter how many times it is.

Ye i agree with you, open many position but didn't get profit is not good at all. Maybe if market is in sideway we can scalping and get few pips so if we use third part and get rebate we can get many rebate because that. In my country many people trading under IB and get rebate every week. That good facility because we can get few of our spread. How about in your country?

• 1 month later...

well for me I do but scalping and normall trade but in scalping I always make some reason amount of money compare to my others ways of trading,with this I will be able to enter the market fast an collect my profit while in my long term trading like weekly or daily after placing my stop loos I always wake up the following day to see some loos only luckyly that I will be able to win a trade

• 1 month later...

In three weeks time I have more than 100 trades already and that is combination of scalping and hedging. So for last april I get 15% profit and I'm hoping that this month of May I can even do more. Its only may 2 so theirs still many days to go to earn 15% or more profit again If I can do that again I will be very happy. I'm happy because that's mean my strategy do still works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the answer if this question will be different for every trader. it depend on their trading style. swing trader maybe not open many position per week because their strategy is try to capture long term trend. while for day trader or scalper, maybe will open position many times in a week.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mostly I would trade 40 hours per week in the market because I do invest in each currency pair and wants to get some profit from it... So you should take this advantage and try to get maximum profit from it... 

if for the time of the trade I think this robot depends on the robot when the robot was placed in the 24-hour trading market in one week then will work to 120 hours and this time quite a lot to do trade in

• 2 months later...

previously I am trading everyday, because I am use day trading style. however, now I am less open positions and it could be once in a week. I am apply swing trading method which require me to chasing profit from major trend movement. currently, I am not open positions everyday anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...

I make between 0-10 trades a month. From time, experience, and finally listening to successful traders that I know I have accepted the fact that any time Im 'in' the market im at risk profit or not. If a trader takes his/her average trade time from entry to exit and extends that by number of trades a year they most likely will see it adds up to be a good amount of time one's risk is 'open' to the market. Regardless of how good a trader is, this risk will at the very least lengthen their equity curve. I try to only pick the very very best opportunities consistently taking little bites of the market. Trading is boring when your profitable you wait for the market to tip its hand and if it doesnt you wait some more, I get paid to sit on our hands.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to trade each day. My goal and objective is to get all the opportunity that comes to me. As long I have a good chance of making money I don't see any reason why I'm going to stop trading. Some how I do earn few pips each day. Although some how I don't follow my trading strategy. In the long run I still do believe that I can earn big amount of money each month.

• 4 months later...

I have random time and all of my times to trade depend on how much news which has high impact that could give a clear result and signal and does not mixed result or the result that mixed with the other news, for example NFP has good news but unemployment rate showing a bit bad news. That is when i will avoid trading and don't trade, but i trade at 4-6 average.

• 2 months later...

It is dependent of the situation and in Forex business the lesser we trade the better it would be for our chances to increase and risk decreasing. I don’t trade at all sometimes as my trades are over months old so unless I don’t find a strong reason I don’t come out of an already started trade while at the same time I do trade very fast if needed.

I am able to keep my trades running even over months and months all due to OctaFX broker’s easy terms and conditions regarding the swap free account, it can be operated by everyone without any difficulty so I get full advantage and I don’t have to pay any charges for keeping my trades on.

It is dependent of the situation and in Forex business the lesser we trade the better it would be for our chances to increase and risk decreasing. I don’t trade at all sometimes as my trades are over months old so unless I don’t find a strong reason I don’t come out of an already started trade while at the same time I do trade very fast if needed..

I think trading all the time in this case everyday will lead to more losses, because we don't know when it is the right time to stop trading. Trade once in a week or at most twice is a good idea but it is all depend on yours because there few ocassion that there are around 3-5 times in a  week.

• 3 months later...

The way the market is is what determines the amount of time I have to give it. it is a matter of knowing what your analysis says about the market and also knowing how best you can handle it in other for you to make something good out of the market and benefit more from it.

Well one trading per week isn't a bad idea for many traders around the world, with that much they can make some earning from it as long as it still profitable trading but when it turns out to be a non profitable trading they should trade more to cover their loss.

If you trade also depend on the condition of the market then that is good idea, i already saw a lot of traders that do the same thing, basically they are reacting the market trend and make profit from that, it seems that you are a lot of like scalpers. As long as you have once chance to trade per week then that is not such a big issue.