Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

History is witness that most of the time market remains in a particular trend and so nothing can be better strategy than to ride the trend to make maximum profit, i will suggest newbies not to use their brain for complicated analysis and simply go with trend regularly but with stoploss and trend reversal, at end you will find that majority of your trades are closed in profit.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with the fact that trend is our bet friend as I have noticed in any financial market, the price movement is based on a trend and a long-time trend lasts for years. So, its better to follow a particular trend and have a better chance to win your position.

Yes more people are interested in trading trend direction, and so if the prices have upward direction since few days more people make new entries and so prices move further up, and if we have to bear a loss due to trend change it will be negligible because before that we would have booked many trades in profit.

Yes more people are interested in trading trend direction, and so if the prices have upward direction since few days more people make new entries and so prices move further up, and if we have to bear a loss due to trend change it will be negligible because before that we would have booked many trades in profit.

Yes I do agree with you that there are traders who like to catch in the existing trend which makes the trend more strong and causes a more volatile and fast move in the particular pair. Hence, it is said that trend is our best friend and the best way to earn some quick profits.

So the trend is also a good strategy for having a good spot for opening a position. I am newbie so it means that the trend direction will be a big advantage as we can predict the prices if it will be consistent to go up or down. :D

Well, it is not always that following the trend can help you end up in profits but yes, there is a great probability that you might end up in profits when you trade in forex by following the trend. That is the only reason why people believe that following the trend is a wise idea.

Or trend is just a factor need to consider when doing forex trading. Because the trend are the brief explanation if we are good to open a position. I wonder if we really get big profit or will really rely mostly in the trend. :D

Yes, a trader can receive big amount of profits by just following a trend. All a trader needs to do is to detect a long-term trend and ride it until he is well positioned to earn some huge profits out of his position. Long term trends usually lasts for years in Forex market.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a trader can receive big amount of profits by just following a trend. All a trader needs to do is to detect a long-term trend and ride it until he is well positioned to earn some huge profits out of his position. Long term trends usually lasts for years in Forex market.

Well in my new it is not necessarily the long term trend you need to follow, but it is upto ones strategies and plans, those trading intraday better go accordingly to daily trend and those keep position for a week better go with weekly trend.

You are right @LRdude it is not easy for newbies to look charts, do a forex analysis, go for latest news or understanding difficult algorithms or patterns - so why not go with simple and proven way to make profit - ride the trend until it is taking you up and up and once it start come down get down of it closing your trade.

• 3 weeks later...

Trend is your best friend and also worse enemy. The reason why I say this is that forex is so unpredictable. You see a pattern for days and you feel you know the trend but when you trade suddenly every thing change that the trend that you study suddenly don't make any sense at all. So even if you see a pattern and trend just make sure you put the unpredictable behavior in notation. Better yet that why we use stop loss.

If you are just starting out on your forex journey add these to your bag of essentials: Read "The Complete Turtle Trader" by Michael Covel. Learn some forex trading strategies in a place like Everestforex. (You can even receive a $100 free bonus to trade if you pass their simulator). For the forex basics, check out ForexTrendFollowing. Hope you find it helpful. Happy trading!

Trend is your friend is a famous category, but when you come to the application, you will find nothing to apply if you are not able to identify the general or the big trend to go with it, you should never contradict the big trend, just enter in trades of the same direction or for little pips only in the opposite direction.

• 3 weeks later...

Like a friend theirs some who is just trying to be your friend or take advantage of you. So try to know who is really a friend and who is really pretending to be one. In forex trading do the same. Try to find out which is real reversal and which is false reversal. Theirs always many false reversal. And don't rely too much in the news and forecast. because every hour forecast do chance. So keep on updating yourself.

Is it difficult to have look only in the trend without forex indicators. I feel no hint at all when there is no indicator. Well i dont have yet the best strategy to have the trend going without any tools to be used.

If you look at the trend then that means your looking at indicator/s also. Because how can you see a trend if you don't have indicator. A chart alone is already indicator. its indicate the price. Other indicators are complicated like computing the high and low etc, In chart alone you can choose if you want linear, candle stick or other type. So in short if you look at the chart its already have an indicator.

I think, there will be no opposition to this declaration that trend is the best friend of any trader. The only problem is when do you know that there is a trend and that the timing is right to enter a trade. To senior traders, it can be an easy problem but to beginner traders, it is a difficult situation.

I think, there will be no opposition to this declaration that trend is the best friend of any trader. The only problem is when do you know that there is a trend and that the timing is right to enter a trade. To senior traders, it can be an easy problem but to beginner traders, it is a difficult situation.

friendship is both ways if you consider trend is your friend trend must also consider you as its friend. lols. That means you must have the same wave length with the trend. Because what the use of having a trend if you don't know how to read a trend. The most important thing is to differentiate the swing, the false reversal. etc.

Of course within a particular trend there will always be movements up and down but if we have read the trend correctly then the overall movement will be in the direction that we have read. And this is were it will be very useful to know where to place a stop loss so that one's stop loss will not be picked while one is still correct in ones trend judgement.