Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Why swap is more on short trades?

yogeshwartyagi

I have not experienced this. I think swap fee may vary depending on the forex broker. I think you should compare with another broker and if there is some difference, contact your broker and ask why there is such difference.

You are right. Swap rates vary between brokers. Different brokers offer different rates. But most of them are negative on both sides. If you are a muslim then you have the advantage of getting swap free account.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Probably different broker has different policy about this, swap is usually charged by calculation using a formula for a different interest rate of a central bank, each currency has its own central bank interest rate, a number of swap fee also depends on the position of the order, buy or sell any pair that traded, it is possible to get positive swap if you trade on the pair with higher interest rate and lowest interest rate.

• 2 weeks later...

You're correct. Brokers have different swap rates. Rates offered by different brokers vary. However, most of them are unfavourable from both sides. Muslim people enjoy the benefit of receiving swap-free accounts, and brokers like FP Markets also provide these free benefits.

• 2 weeks later...

It is true that swap is different in various brokers, I trade with FP Markets and they offer competitive spreads, it is an all-in-one FX calculator that allows you to compute all of your trade's key factors, such as pip value, contract size and swap rates.

• 2 months later...

It is possible gets a positive swap when trading on the pair with currency a higher interest rate paired with currency with a lower interest rate. Positive swap gives adding profit but negative swap reduced balance. For this, there are traders who trade with a carry trade trading strategy

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, not just FP Markets, but other brokers like CMC also provide free swap accounts to Muslim clients. So normal traders have to trade pairs with currencies at a higher interest rate paired with currencies at a lower interest rate to obtain a positive swap.