Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Notebooks or Netbook?

yogeshwartyagi

Since the lighter sized netbook were launched many left their notebooks and started using netbook which had several advantages i.e. being lighter in size and weight it is very easy to carry them anywhere with you, longer battery backup, and much cheaper in price. Though still there was main problem that most of the netbooks were based on atom processor with quite slow speed, but now as new netbooks are launched with dual core processors and faster speed i think not much use of notebooks left and netbooks if will not completely eliminate the need of notebooks will at least reduce it significantly.

Since the lighter sized netbook were launched many left their notebooks and started using netbook which had several advantages i.e. being lighter in size and weight it is very easy to carry them anywhere with you, longer battery backup, and much cheaper in price. Though still there was main problem that most of the netbooks were based on atom processor with quite slow speed, but now as new netbooks are launched with dual core processors and faster speed i think not much use of notebooks left and netbooks if will not completely eliminate the need of notebooks will at least reduce it significantly.

You are mostly right, but you forget that netbooks don't offer the same things that are not affordable with netbooks.

And some examples of stuff you will not find in netbooks are, a DVD or Blu-Ray driver, a proper size keyboard, and wide screen, and maybe you won't get a decent set of speakers.

You are mostly right, but you forget that netbooks don't offer the same things that are not affordable with netbooks.

And some examples of stuff you will not find in netbooks are, a DVD or Blu-Ray driver, a proper size keyboard, and wide screen, and maybe you won't get a decent set of speakers.

I did not notice much difference in terms of speakers, webcam though i admit that keyboard and screen are not that large and yeah we miss dvd though we can attach an external one whenever we need it, still i feel for the shake of amazing portability and handy prize this much compromise is just.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Netbook if your usage is not high and only for business use and surfing Internet. Otherwise, notebook is your choice. Anyway nowadays I read articles about people saying tablets will take over the place of PCs, notebooks and netbooks. This is highly unlikely because a lot of stuffs you still need to use PCs, notebooks and netbooks. The simplest example would be can you even play MMORPG games on tablets ? Obviously not right ?