Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Day Trader status with under 25k, how is it done?

jhonrtin

Hello all, how can I daytrade with 3k and not be affected by the PDT rule?

I know all about the PDT rule, the 25k requirement, and the 3 daytrades in a 5 day rolling business period etc.

I have paper traded for about a year, and have a profitable trading record, but I only have about 3k that I could trade with.

I've done a lot of research on this but I know there must be another way.

Are there alternate ways or instruments I can use to trade stocks through as a daytrader though?

I've looked at futures and forex, I'm set on stocks.

Thank you so much for your reply.

• 1 month later...

About PDT rules. First they are only applicable if your trading stocks and option. This has nothing to do with forex trading. Second PDT rules apply only for U.S. residents. So in short PDT rules is not applicable to forex trading only to stocks and option and that is if you are U.S. residents. I hope I make it clear.

• 7 years later...

Ask yourself what sort of organization you would call on the off chance that you ought to have an exchange debate. The reason for this inquiry is twofold. In the first place, is it a reputable organization that will genuinely investigate an exchange which you feel that you've been wronged? Second—and ostensibly more significant—are its financials made accessible to the general population and are they regulated?

On 9/10/2011 at 6:17 PM, jhonrtin said:

Hello all, how can I daytrade with 3k and not be affected by the PDT rule?

I know all about the PDT rule, the 25k requirement, and the 3 daytrades in a 5 day rolling business period etc.

I have paper traded for about a year, and have a profitable trading record, but I only have about 3k that I could trade with.

I've done a lot of research on this but I know there must be another way.

Are there alternate ways or instruments I can use to trade stocks through as a daytrader though?

I've looked at futures and forex, I'm set on stocks.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I think it is pretty subjective rule to have 25K in your account. I started with only 1000 bucks with Hotforex, 500 won in the contest and 500 is mine. I turned them in 2500 in 8 months making small but prudent trades, tightly managing risk and making timely withdrawals (taking profit). I think it would be easier for you to trade with lower capital because it is easier to keep emotional balance when you know that potential losses are not so big. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/14/2022 at 5:22 PM, Vaabum said:

To achieve such results, you need to work on yourself and your knowledge, otherwise you simply won’t get such a result. When I started working with a broker from ExpertOption, I worked on a demo account for this.

We will need to learn how to control the Risks that are actually present into our trades.