All Pips

Use long term support as stop loss while going long

yogeshwartyagi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Placing a Stop Loss on or just below long term resistance can be beneficial but still it contains several big risks. First of all, we are expecting the pair to move to the upside (long), however if the pair fails to do so and hit our SL, then ww will loose a huge part of our initial investment amount in that particular trade.

• 3 weeks later...

This is true that when we set stop loss below long term support we have risk of loosing big amount but this will not happen often usually you will make profit few times before hitting stop loss and also if your stoploss is triggered traders sentiment changes and there are great chances of prices going further down in that case you shall have opportunity to buy on further lower levels i.e. saving lot of your capital.

My first rules is loss small earn big. For me my main concern is to loss small before ever thinking to earn big. Some trader thing to earn big that they turn out losing big. Forex trading is all about strategy and taking risk. And taking risk means you need to invest more time in risk management before earning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Strong support/resistance are always better for usage as a stop loss, because they less likely broken from the first time, but sometimes you find the nearest strong point is still far away, and by using it you will contradict the take profit/stop loss ratio.

Its good to use this as an indicator. but how to use this support and resistance level depends on the forecast. Is the pair bullish? Is the pair bearish? Is it oversold or overbought? This are the question need to be answer. Because if its over sold then do you think your resistance is feasible? What is the status is oversold? does it mean theirs going to be a reversal? Or will their will be still a rally?

Its good to use this as an indicator. but how to use this support and resistance level depends on the forecast. Is the pair bullish? Is the pair bearish? Is it oversold or overbought? This are the question need to be answer. Because if its over sold then do you think your resistance is feasible? What is the status is oversold? does it mean theirs going to be a reversal? Or will their will be still a rally?

This is right that we should preapre our strategy according to whether market is bullish or bearing, but this is also true that market does not walk strait, if it is a long term support it is not broken in one hit but market move up and down several times before a support is broken - and that give you good reason to make a long position near good support and so making profit with each jump.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wonder the support is broken does it mean that it is between the cut off or the day off of the forex and then suddenly in goes up and goes down. Well really i also used stop loss when trading.

The thread strategy is long term. So if the support is broken then I'm assuming your in the buy side? Even if theirs a mild break out. If the long term fundamental analysis has 60% bullish. I'm still going to hold. But if I do long term I see to it that I have only use 5% of my funds and will use 500% free margin. So survive volatility. And unless the fundamental analysis change to less than 60% bullish. I will not close the trade.

That's true. that's why its always good if we can trade if we have good amount of funds if we don't have good amount of funds its better that we use the lowest lots as possible and also the low leverage also. Don't think that you need to earn big. Think that you need to lower your risk. Because this is were we go careless. When we think we want to earn more right away.

That is true it is always better to trade small and steady. For me if I think I will risking too much for a trade then I will probably just let that trade go and patiently wait for another opportunity. We should not think that we have to take advantage of any opportunity even if it involves risking so much. Other opportunities will always come.

• 5 weeks later...

Ultra true? lols. Its seems after I post the word "true" theirs two poster after me who uses the word "true" so that means its ultra true. lols.

Anyway. in long term we must also put into consideration that only the loss from the market volatility but the loss from swap interest. Its good if the interest is in our side but if not then its double loss.

• 1 month later...

Well, your question requires to reason why the trader took the position and the amount of funds he has in his trading account. Long term supports might help us earn big profits but at the same time risk greater pips or money... losses would be huge and thus I don't recommend anyone for such time of risky trading unless the trader is a long term trader...

Why should anyone depend on long term support to go long? Then if I were trading on the 1 hour time frame, then do I use a long term support? Again the number of pips to risk here will be too much.

Its depends on your entry point. If you open in the lowest level as possible if its in bouncing mode then its a good thing.

I know its hard to earn money in forex trading. But in forex trading its timing that is every thing. The more you trade the more you going to loss money in here if each time you open a position you're timing is well off.

• 1 month later...

In my opinion using long term support (the rate from where trend reversed many times) as stop loss is a better way to have high chances of closing your trade in big profits. What you guys think?

You are right because long term support can give the exact knowledge of a treader for predict any upcoming ratio. As we use SL for safe our last gain ratio so we need to take best support from some previous work out. Some members won't absorb such risk so use SL. Those who can make best prediction from their last track record should be the real gainer.

• 5 months later...

of course, with the long-term trade we should also consider the amount of capital that we have because with strong capital will make our defense would pips away from the risk point margin untouched by caal for us in the long run jikapergerakan trading market was very active and we make decisions one might be if we do not have a very strong resistance pips then it will only hurt us

it is correct to prevent huge losses, especially for the newbie who own a small capital should use SL strategy, because even though we will incur a loss because we use stop loss but the loss that we suffer not great so there is still hope to get a big profit when we open back in the opposite direction. but keep in mind that using a stop loss strategy is not likely to experience a loss, but using SL we can reduce our losses.

using SL on a long-term trade is going to give us trade a very good security but it should be in the installation of SL we also put profit trailing stop order that we can get caught by a trailing stop, so if the price turned as profit that we earn not yet reached the point of taking profit by it will not be a problem for us because we can profit already been saved by the trailing stop

strategy very nice brother, my thoughts never use trailing profit stop orders and so far I have not understood how to use Trailing Stop strategy in SL. Can you please tell me how to use Profit Trailing Stop Order Stop Loss strategy in my brother, because all this when I was little immediate benefit though my cap because it was feared would suffer losses.

If you go long term then its better not to put SL at all. its better make it or break it attitude. Anyway make sure you earn good amount of money in forex trading. Make sure that you invest your time and effort in doing forex study. I do like to invest big money in forex. I really hope that some day I can make it good in forex. But one thing I don't like about investing long term in forex is that if you need money you are lock in a position.

it has been a long-term trade we will be hard to take advantage when we're in need of money, maybe when we see our trade and have produced sizable gains we can just close our trade and take advantage of it for our needs but if we look at our trade is experiencing a floating minus then it would inconvenient time for us because we are in need of some money for our needs

In my opinion using long term support (the rate from where trend reversed many times) as stop loss is a better way to have high chances of closing your trade in big profits. What you guys think?

When it comes to setting stop losses, support and resistance plance indeed a good place to set because the price respected that place in the past, so it could do the same in the future, if we have good ratio to work with then sure we can set that, but the ratio for profit and loss then it's better to leave.