Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

forex hours- what are the best forex hours?

Forex Hours – What are the Best Forex Trading Hours?

FOREX HOURS

http://www.asiaforexmentor.com/webpages/clock.jpg

This is one critical question that bugs most new traders.

Forex Hours: What are the Best Forex Trading Hours?

When you read several other sites, they speak of trading when the market is open etc.

So when the new york market is open, the usd pairs are more volatile.

This is not wrong. And it is indeed the fact that when a market is open, that certain pair will be more volatile.

BUT!

Here’s the thing.

You do NOT need to wait for the market to open to trade that pair.

If you ask me, i do not even care to know what time the market opens or closes.

As mentioned, we as professional forex traders are like lions. Waiting patiently for a setup to occur before we pounce on it and kill it.

So if you have a day job. You probably can’t be staring at the screen for long hours.

WHICH IS GOOD!

Staring at the screen for long forex hours, WILL NOT help you enhance your forex trading or grow your account.

Instead, you will fall into the SEA OF EMOTION and find yourself struggling to stay alive.

If you have a day job, just trade the daily time frame.

So check your broker’s time that the daily time frame bar closes every day.

And just spend that 10 mins of time analyzing the daily time frame.

Forex hours: SO JUST 10 mins a day is good enough.

If there is a price action trade setup, enter it.

If there isn’t. Close the screen and go forth your daily job. Come back again the next day and repeat the steps.

By just implementing this method, you will find yourself emotionally unattached and you have plenty of time to do your other stuffs.

But that does not mean you are not making good money.

There are FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL FOREX Traders who trade the daily time frame alone. (read this again)

Yea.

And if you are like me, who has a little more time to trade.

You can look at the 1hr time frame and the 4hr time frame.

Practically meaning, i only look at the charts every 1hr or 4hr, depending on my schedule.

So if there is a setup on the 1hr time frame, i enter on it.

But if there is no setup, i will go ahead with my other stuffs.

And then repeat the steps again.

So back to the question on Forex Hours: What are the Best Forex Trading Hours?

I hope you got an answer.

Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Forex Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Day Trading Systems & Strategies that i personally use to be constantly profitable.

• 9 months later...

The Best Forex Trading Hours

So you already know that with the help of Forex you can trade 24/7. But, you also know about some sessions, right? So what sessions when the trading is round the clock? If you don’t know about the different time zones and Forex trading hours, read on.

Forex

Trading Sessions and Trading Hours

There are three types of trading sessions – the European, American and Asian (for example, Forex strategy ProFx trades during European and American sessions). And four variants of Forex trading hours – New York opens its trading time at 8 am and closes at 5 pm, Tokyo is open from 7 pm to 4 am, Sydney from 5 pm to 2 am and London is up from 3 am to noon. All in EST. So what do we see? All the markets are not round-the-clock but available for us to go into different markets and trade from morning till another morning. What Forex market hours are you fitting into depends on many things like your trading style, currency pairs you are trading and so on. If you’re going into scalping, you’d better prefer Asia Sessions, but for day trading it’s surely the best to enter European and American sessions. You can work with Asia Session while Tokyo market is open, European session is open with London market, while American Session is for New York market. Asia Session can be held mainly at night in the EST time, so it’s the best time for scalping. If you’re into intra day sessions and no overnight trading required – than you should definitely choose EU and US sessions.

forex-trading-hours.jpg

Then More Volume then Better

So, which Forex market hours you’d better choose? Of course, to get more profit, you better enter those, when trading volume is higher. These Forex trading hours are those when few countries are trading at one time. So-called overlapped Forex trading hours. That’s when the markets are active and the percent of making big money is rising on your eyes. If we make a diagram, we would certainly see, when the markets overlap and find out when it’s best to trade. So, if you’re an early bird, then from 8 am to 12 pm is your chance to gain, because it’s time when London and New York markets overlap. If you’re trading GBP/USD, EUR/USD or USD/CHF – it’s the best Forex market hours you can go into. European and American markets are active in those hours. So you can trade and gain, trade and gain!

So, going on with Forex market trading hours, another overlap is from 1 am to 3 am, for those who sleep badly, you can catch both London, Tokyo and Sydney markets and raise your trades because of active work of those markets.

And, Fx trading hours from 7 pm to 10 pm are special for those who work with Asian and Australian markets. Another overlap is happening in those Forex trading hours, so – another opportunity to raise your trades.

So, as you can see, knowing Forex trading hours provides you the best possibilities to gain more – 24 hours a day, different currencies, different Forex market hours – one way to win.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the best session is london time. market start to volatile and even daily trend movement often occur at london session. however, it depend also with the news or economic events. if there are high impact news releases, though it in quite market such as tokyo session, market would going to move in high range.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Best hours? Well i don't have such a best hours but since i trade mostly with news that bring high impact and it is mostly US economic news, then i trade during New York time around 7 pm - 1 am with all news that connected with it. This is actually saving my life more.

That is your best hours, you said you don't have it but actually you have it such a contradiction coming from your posts. Also if i can recall correctly people mostly love to trade in NY times because that is where US economic news told, since US still the best one people will try to look for it

• 10 months later...

If i must then the best forex trading hours is at US session, well Australia or to be exact Sydney session is the other one the best session for me. US session is because i always observed a high impact news of US, while at Sydney session because the news trend tend to be clear than United State and the impact can be seens in around 5-6 hours after.

• 2 months later...

Overall New York session which make much change of the market, i mean just look at each time US news released, mostly the reaction of the market is very briliant mean there would be a huge spike and clear trends towards the market. Also US is like the central of the world now which make NY session as one of the best session you can get.

Yes, because all the eyes is drafted towards this the biggest consumer market in the world, not just that the production of US is not a joke for that kind of country. Not to mention when New York session is open, than it will be mean the overlapping market is starting, Usually EU market, UK market, and US market overlapped in first few hours of New York session.

You make sense there the market is really good and everything is all about USD, it is the world currency or the global one. USD based news really affected the market, and in this 2 weeks i just found that rumor about USD interest rate and FED governor speech really drive the market even, just like few days ago where one of the Policy maker in FED give hawkish speech.

Sure this is why i am trying to be careful when trade with use USD based news, first of all just like you said it is global currency, the second one it could affect lots of currency that impacted with it directly and not just currency but also the other non current commodity such as Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, or even CPO.

• 9 months later...

So New York session is the best session? Well to someone who prefer to trade with currency that has USD on it like AUDUSD or EURUSD then that is the best session but cross pair trader also prefer other sessions. All major currency's session has its own advantage and when it comes to overlap session trust me the market make a great movement.

• 3 years later...

A good investor should observe better sessions for doing businesses, we know market price shall be fluctuated with the Countries conditions where investor always should follow different news of different countries I personally follow USA timing this is because they are Central  country in the World and think every investor should to know about the investing countries condition. FreshForex gives me different news from different countries .

• 6 months later...